Tuesday, March 30, 2010

The Easter Bilby

I can't believe Easter is almost here!!! Where the heck did the time go???
I am really getting excited, with the flowers blooming outside, the warmer weather and of course, concentrating on the real reason we celebrate Easter... Our Savior.
I have an amazing friend who lives in Australia ( my dream, where I want to live :)
and we were emailing today about our Easter plans. She told me that they dont really have the Easter bunny... maybe an Easter Bilby??? So of course I had to go look up what the heck a bilby was... oh my goodness, it is the darn cutest thing in the world!!
I have been working on the penpal program today, and I just get so amazed at the fact that we have friends from all over the world now, and that with homeschooling, my kids are getting to learn about things like the "easter" bilby!!! Just from her mentioning that, we got to go look up what it looks like, how it lives etc.. what a fun learning opportunity! Im pretty thankful for it.
I hope everyone has wonderful easter plans.. this year I believe we are going to take pics of the kids in their Easter outfits and do the hiding of eggs, etc... then have a nice lesson and dinner... lesson on the real reason of Easter and dinner because we like to eat :)
With Love, JL
ps-- im not posting a picture of a bilby... go look it up with your kids!! It will crack you up!!! :) I love it!
pps-- check out my friends blog... from down under :)
www.flowersnplaid.blogspot.com

No comments: