Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Of Celestial Parentage

Life has been rough lately. Here are a few neat quotes that have really helped me.
From Pres. Uchtdorf
" Hold on a little longer. You can do this! You are a part of a special generation. You were prepared and preserved to live at this important time in the existence of our beautiful planet earth. You have a celestial pedigree and therefore have all the necessary talents to make your life an eternal success story."

From Dallin H Oaks
" Consider the power of the idea taught in our beloved song 'I am a Child of God'.... Here is the answer to one of life's great questions, 'Who am I?' I am a child of God with a spirit lineage to heavenly parents. That parentage defines our eternal potential. That powerful idea is a potent antidepressant. It can strengthen each of us to make righteous choices and to seek the best that is within us. Establish in the mind of a ..person the powerful idea that he or she is a child of God and you have given self-respect and motivation to move against the problems of life."

I have been dealing with alot lately, as we all do during this earthly test. I know of people who are dealing with more than me... I pray hard for them. But at this point in my life, I have some really big decisions to make and I want to do the best I can for me and my family. It helps me to think that I have the "necessary talents to make my life an eternal success". Isn't that what Im here for??
So, today I pray and think and ponder and love my kids and work on my family. I'll keep on trucking. Just remember who you are my dear friends. i love you all <3

4 comments:

Miranda said...

Jaelle, I love when you post things like this because it's always what I need to hear. I've been coming across little encouraging snippets all day so I must really need a reminder. Keep your chin up and hang in there!

Sara said...

thanks! I really need that today and didnt even know it! THanks again!

Andie said...

Jaelle thanks so much for the letter, I will work on getting one to you this week and my little one's need to work on theirs. Happy Mothers day!

Unknown said...

HIYA! I came over from MMB. I hope you are doing better! YOU CAN DO THIS. You are lovely! Sending hugs and prayers,
Jackie