Thursday, April 29, 2010

Birthday and recording for the future

Today is my 29th birthday. I have alot of good goals and hopes for this last year in my 20's. Hard to believe!

When I started this blog, I tried to record the fun things we were doing as a family, what my kids did in school, etc. But I realized that this blog has become a record of my family and one day I hope to print it out and put it in my families scrapbooks etc, so that they have this record of our family.

Because of that, I feel the need to put in here what this past week has been like. It isnt pleasant, but it is life, and it should be recorded.

About two weeks ago I found out I was pregnant. I was thrilled as my body started to change in the small ways that happen when you first become pregnant. On sunday April25th, I miscarried. For some reason, miscarriages tend to be a bit taboo, people dont talk about them much, but for me, it is a part of my families history. Its been a rough week, my body was to low on iron and i was sad, but this is part of my history.

To top that off, it was the birthday of my nephew Moses just a couple of days later, I miss him so much. He is a perfect angel now.

We found out yesterday that we are very lucky to have our Marlee girl, her pulse/ox test came back, we had hoped her surgery had worked, but it didnt. Her average o2 level was 88 and it dropped below 50 % at times. She was started on oxygen last night. She now has the big o2 concentrator and all the goodies that go along with it. She had a rough night but it should get easier. She goes in for a sleep study at st louis on may13th, so we can find out why this is happening to her.

It seems as though alot of sadness has happened but I feel so blessed. I have a family that loves me, my daughter is safe because of modern medicine, my birthday is good because I set goals for the next year of my life and I like that.
I have friends and family and I love them more than words can say. This is my history, my record for today, april 29th 2010

6 comments:

Miranda said...

Aw, I'm sorry to hear about your miscarriage. I feel the same way about my blog, but I'm not so great at keeping up with it. I wish I was better at scrapbooking and journaling but, blogging is kind of both for me. I figure I'm doing good to keep up with things that way. I hope everything gets sorted out with Marlee. I know it must be scary. I'll keep you all in my prayers. Love, Miranda

Sara said...

Wow what a rough couple of weeks for you and your family. I have tears in my eyes after reading this. I'm so sorry about the miscarriage. I know how it can feel, and it isn't always the easiest. I am also hope that everything gets worked out in a timely fashion for Marlee. It has to be scary to have something that medically wrong. I will be praying for your family and Marlee. Love, Sara

Jaelle~momtothreebabies said...

Thanks guys. I appreciate your love and prayers sooo much. I have been laying low this week, trying to get over the miscarriage and also trying to adapt to the fact that this is a new time in my life, it is time to concentrate on raising the 3 beautiful children that Heavenly Father has blessed me with. I can no longer bear children, and that is ok now, because it is a new stage, a good stage, and I am ready to get back up and live life. I have good goals for this year. Im ready.
Your prayers and love are soooo appreciated. Thank you, love you lots JL

Unknown said...

Oh, Jaelle. Again? I'm so, so sorry. I thought about Moses when you posted about him. He was such a sweet baby. I wish your birthday could be a little happier for you. I'll send you a gigantic hug. And I think I'll make Sarah deliver it!

DSLA said...

You are in our prayers. I know how hard it is when you don't know what is wrong with your little ones and when you lose one to miscarriage. I miscarried a few months after my middle child was born (didn't know I was PG until the miscarriage) and my oldest spent the better part of the ages 18-30 months in and out of hospitals trying to figure out what was wrong with her. Thank goodness for modern medicine and the power of prayer! Take care! Love, Michelle
PS Got the package! Thanks for having the Give-away!

That redheaded one said...

Oh sweetie I am so sorry for your loss. I am so glad that meds are there to help Marlee. You guys are in my hearts and prayers Love ya