Monday, November 9, 2009

Blessings


Today is monday and I generally really love monday. It is a fresh new start to a new week. I have rested up over the weekend and feel prepared to meet the new week. Well, with having pnuemonia and a broken rib, Ive been a little worried about how I will do everything i need to do this week. I have been praying hard and spent a long time in prayer last night pleading with Heavenly Father to help me be able to care for my husband and kids this week. I woke up this morning and have coughed maybe twice the whole day, and my rib doesnt hurt!!! What an amazing miracle and blessing. I know that Heavenly Father wants me to do a good job at being a momma and wife. I know that he wants me to be healthy enough to serve others as well. I am going to try harder to eat better and take better care of myself. I am just so thankful that so far today ( it is only 11:30am) I have been able to do dishes, and a ton of schoolwork with the kids. I swept the living room. I made lunch. I am so blessed to have been able to accomplish these things. This afternoon we still have an art project to do ( a cute fall leaf suncatcher thing) and literature ( we are starting on aesops fables) and i also want to try and get one load of laundry in the wash. I am not sure what will be for dinner tonight. I may have to let Keith take that , so that I dont completely wear myself out and be down tomorrow. The kids are being wonderful, they have been excellent for school and very creative today- they entertained themselves with a package of pipe cleaners for like an hour!! lol. They are so cute.
For gospel lesson today we read about Helamans Army. Tonight for fhe we are doing a helamans army boot camp. We will do different "boot camp" activities that have to do with being like the stripling warriors and obeying your parents and honoring them. It should be super fun!
Well, thats it for now. Im off to take the kids outside to choose the fall leaves they are going to use for their sun catchers :)

1 comment:

Amy said...

I'm glad that you're feeling better today.