Tuesday, January 13, 2009

FHE: Campout Night ( pretend of course)

It was defintely a pretend campout night- it is about 2 degrees outside right now! For FHE Keith took over and taught the kids knot tying, and other fun little boy scoutish things! We had a prayer and song and then we made smores in the microwave! It was just a fun and simple FHE but the kids LOVED it. I took pics, but need to find my card reader.
Still doing our best to stay in the habit of FHE every monday night. Since we do a gospel lesson daily for school, we have had some fun every now and then with FHE. Most times we do a lesson, etc the normal, but we do like to have some fun family nights too!
Last night we also started our family evening reading time. Im sooo excited about that. After the kids get their jammies on, we all gather in the living room to read from a classic book. Last night we started on the Velveteen Rabbit. Im using the classics list from an old fashioned education site. I am soooo excited! Ive read almost every book on the list already, from my childhood, and I cant WAIT for my kids to experience them. Velveteen Rabbit was my favorite book as a child and it was the first book I bought when I found out i was pregnant with Dylan. I was so happy it was first on the list LOL!!!
Ok, off to work!!!!

No comments: