Wednesday, January 7, 2009

My mission in this life


We have had alot of trials in our life lately, but also so many blessings. As we have been going through these trials, I have tried very hard to be very appreciative of every little thing we have. Every little thing like the way my blanket that my grandma made me feels against my skin as i crawl in to bed at night. The fact that I have a bed. So many blessings. We have also had so many prayers answered, that not only am I noticing the blessings, but my children are getting prayers answered and developing such strong testimonies. I have had two special experiences this past week that I want to write down. One was a neat conversation with my dad, and the other was a simple thing that we take for granted.

The first thing is what my family personally takes for granted. We sat by the river the other day watching the bald eagles fish. My kids were happy, but they had seen it before, and they see it every year, and were not as "excited" as another kid would be if they had never seen this phenomenon. It is beautiful. It is breathtaking, being so very close you could touch them. So many of them, male and female brushing the water, soaring in the air, while the ducks and seagulls all swam and flew in harmony with them. I sat in awe thinking, my kids take this for granted, my family takes this beautiful part of nature for granted. We take our beautiful life for granted. I am going to try even harder to be more thankful for all I have.

Second, I talked with my dad the other night. I was having a bad night, said a prayer and had a sweet experience. I decided to talk to my dad about the experience because he is very "in tune" to things of that nature. As we talked, the conversation drifted to my children as it often does, my whole family really gets a kick out my babies! We talked about how they were saved just for this time in the world. The strongest spirits. I talked to dad about how I felt personally about being a mother to these spirits. He brought up such a neat point. He said that he likes to think about how his ancestors, etc, how basically our whole family lines up . I dont know how else to put it. He talked about how certain great grandparents, down through the lines, didnt have the gospel, but still instilled something in their children, a love of God, that down through the ages, has stayed instilled in his family. He talked about how his family prepared him through bible study and a strong faith in God, and how he was the one who was chosen to be the family member who accepted the Gospel. Now he has a sacred responsibility to bring his ancestors the truth and to thank them for instilling faith in his family. Then he talked about how my sister and I were brought down at a time where we could work hard, learn the gospel, and be prepared to teach the "last ones" the special ones that were held in reserve. You always here people talk about how much smarter children seem to be these days. There is a reason for that. I have thought of my friends who are my age, who attended youth conferences with me, etc and thought about how they have beautiful children and how very IMPORTANT our job is. Somethine that I sometimes take for granted, but not anymore. I am blessed to have the opportunity to homeschool my children. Im not saying it is right for everyone- but I am blessed because I get to look at these special spirits that Heavenly Father has given me, and I get to take time each day to teach them the gospel, the things that they will NEED to know as this world gets scarier and scarier as we come so much closer to that beautiful day when we will be called up from the Savior. I have also taken time the past couple of weeks to really study the new testament, the parts where the Savior is teaching and I have gained such insight from the parables, in ways I never have before. Heavenly Father is preparing us, my friends and I who are around my age, and he is preparing us to be the teachers of the greatest generation. The strongest generation. This is my mission in life. Im not supposed to be some amazing singer/celebrity or whatever the world looks at as cool. Im supposed to be wiping the noses of the chosen ones. lol. Im supposed to be holding them and preparing them and protecting them in their very young years as they learn and grow and become strong. This is my mission and it is such a blessing, to also know that some of my most beloved friends are also working hard at this same mission. We are so blessed.

Im going to try not to take it for granted. Like the sight of a rare bald eagle swooping down to the beautiful mississippi river, I will not take it for granted. My mission is important, no matter what anyone else says. No matter how I feel about myself, I must know that it is important, the most important work I will ever do.

5 comments:

Miranda said...

What a wonderful way to look at things! Thank you for sharing it. I really needed to hear that today.

Tonya said...

Thanks Jaelle for your neat thoughts. I am so grateful to have a friend like you in my life. You are a strength and an inspiration to me! I love you and miss you!

Tonya said...

By the way, the second comment is from Lisa, your good old friend. I am using my friends internet, that is why it comes up as the pierce's.

Jill said...

I love the eagle's photo!
I love your thoughts and how you put the whole "wiping the noses of the chosen generation" into perspective. What a great way to look at it right now. lol. :)
What a wonderful job description - putting it that way makes me want to sign up for this job again! ha ha.

I also love your post about "being born a girl". That was sweet and innocent. Thank you for sharing!

Momtothreebabies said...

JILL-- I need your email, lol!! I LOVE That talk from Elder Perty!!!!
I also adore anything amish, lol, and we have looked into doing rod and staff because of the simpleness of it. anyway, we have alot to talk about, but i need your email!!!
hope you read this!!
Jaelle
momtothreebabies@netscape.com